Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pantone Color of 2012

The Pantone Color for this year is Tangerine Tango.

Quite bright huh?  I was kind of surprised at first to see that this is the color for this year.  But as I have been looking around at the web and different products I have seen variations of it everywhere.  And it is growing on me slowly.  

Here is a room that has toned down the shade.  The color totally works in this room because of the other neutral tones.  Also notice that it is not on every single wall.  I think if it was on all of the walls it would be very intense.

This mudroom is so happy.   Too bad it will never stay like that!  But the mix of orange and white is perfect.


I love this kitchen in orange.  It is very daring but could be so "in" for this year.  I might get sick of it later though.  But when you are totally rich and can change your kitchen for the color of the year go for it!

If you aren't willing to paint your whole wall or redo your kitchen in Tangerine Tango, then here are some accessory options that can easily be changed out later:
This lamp would be great to add a punch of color in your room.  (I'm considering it.)

With light blue walls I think a bedroom with this duvet cover would be striking.

A great accent pillow is always great.  Especially because they don't cost too much to change out every year.

This rug would make a great statement small or large.

No comments:

Post a Comment